17-Mile Dr., CA. Photo credit: Xinyu Zhao.
I am a Ph.D. candidate in the department of philosophy at Rutgers University, New Brunswick.
My primary research interests are in philosophy of physics, philosophy of science, and metaphysics. I also have interests in decision theory, formal epistemology, philosophy of mathematics, philosophy of religion, and Chinese philosophy.
Below you can find my CV, papers, teaching materials, selected talks, public engagement, and links to some events that I organized: the Metro Area Philosophy of Science Group (MAPS) and the Rutgers Workshop on Structural Realism.
Outside philosophy, I enjoy traveling, skiing, and swimming. Currently I'm also co-writing a sci-fi movie script based on this interesting SEP article on time travel and modern physics.
You can contact me here.
Our Fundamental Physical Space: An Essay on the Metaphysics of the Wave Function [Penultimate]
The Journal of Philosophy, forthcoming.
Great Expectations: Introducing Surreal Decision Theory (with Daniel Rubio)
Proceedings of the 5th International Workshop on Logic, Rationality, and Interaction (LORI-V), Wiebe van der Hoek, Wesley H. Holliday, Wen-fang Wang (Eds.), Springer-Verlag, 2015.
Quantum Ontology I: Copenhagen and Beyond (for Philosophy Compass)
Quantum Ontology II: Realism about the Wave Function (for Philosophy Compass)
An Intrinsic Theory of Quantum Mechanics: Progress in Field's Nominalistic Program, Part I [PhilSci Archive]
Pascal's Wager Meets Surreal Numbers. (with Daniel Rubio)
Work in Progress
(Most drafts available upon request.)
- The Best Summary of the Quantum World: The Universal Wave Function as a Humean Law
- Our Knowledge of the Past: Some Puzzles about Time's Arrow and Self-Locating Probabilities
- Surreal Decisions II. (with Daniel Rubio)
- A Hybrid Voluntarist Interpretation of Xunzi
Our Knowledge of the Past: Some Puzzles about Time's Arrow and Self-Locating Probabilities
- Australasian Association of Philosophy (AAP) Annual Conference, Adelaide. Jul 2017
Our Fundamental Physical Space and the Metaphysics of the Wave Function
- (Invited) Beyond Spacetime Project, University of Illinois-Chicago. Mar 2016
- Central APA Symposium. Mar 2016
An Intrinsic Theory of Quantum Mechanics: Progress in Field's Nominalistic Program, Part I
- (Invited) Bristol Center for Science and Philosophy. Sep 2016
- Pacific APA Symposium. Mar 2018
Great Expectations: Introducing Surreal Decision Theory. (with Daniel Rubio)
Comments on Alan Hájek's “The Revenge of Pascal, Petersburg, Pasadena, and Paul” [handout]
- (Invited) Workshop on Cognitive Value, University of Colorado, Boulder. Mar 2017
Comments on Ned Hall's "Causation and the Aim of Inquiry"
- Department Colloquium, Rutgers University. Feb 2016
"From Ants to Quantum Non-Locality" (with Isaac Wilhelm)
- Philosophy Phriday, The Daily Ant, July 2017.